If you want to enhance the appearance of your car’s paintwork then ceramic coating could well be the answer. This service sees a coating being added to the exterior of your car which on one level dramatically improves its appearance, and on another level, it adds a layer of ongoing protection. A ceramic coating can last for several years and be applied to both paint work and glass.
Ceramic Coating, what is it? and what are the benefits?
In short ceramic coating creates a thin layer over the exterior of the car and acts like a shield protecting it from the outside elements while providing an easy-to-maintain appearance.
Unlike a wax that might last a few months at best a ceramic coating is long-lasting with an unravelled glossy finish that is resistant to dirt, UV rays, and other environmental contaminants to name just a few benefits.
The coating will also reduce the need for frequent washing and “waxing” Additionally, The main benefits of ceramic coating are increased protection of the paint, glass and wheels increased longevity of the car’s finish, and increased shine and lustre for up to 5 years.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of ceramic coating?
- Increased protection of the paint. Ceramic coating provides a durable, protective layer that is resistant to dirt, UV rays, and other environmental contaminants.
- Increased longevity of the car’s finish. Ceramic coating helps to reduce the need for frequent washing and waxing and preserves the car’s finish for longer.
- Increased shine and gloss levels. Ceramic coating helps to boost the shine of the car’s paintwork, glass and wheels making it look phenomenal year on year.
- Very easy to clean and maintain. Ceramic-coated vehicles are much easier to maintain compared to other products and methods.
- Cost efficient. A ceramic coating is much more affordable than people would think compared with all the benefits you get once applied by a professional car detailer.
- Super hydrophobic water behaviour. A ceramic coating bonds with your cars surface and repels water quite literally like water off a duck’s back. This means that all water-based grime will bead on the surface and eventually slide off. A quick jet wash and snow foam and you have yourself a clean, glossy car every time.
Is Ceramic Coating worth it?
If you put a screen protector on your phone then the awnser your looking for is yes. If you’re protecting you £1,000 mobile, why not also protect your £30,000 car in the same way?
if you care and want the best-looking result for your Car / Van / Motor Bike / Campervan you name it a ceramic coating is definitely worth it the investment over time.
- Difficult to apply. Ceramic coating needs to be applied by a trained professional in order to get the best end results.
- Cannot be used on all surfaces. Ceramic coating can only be used on certain types of substrates, such as paintwork and glass.
- Long-lasting but not permanent. Ceramic coating will eventually wear off over time and will need to be reapplied.